Ivica Zubac signed a three-year, $33 million contract extension with the LA Clippers, his agents said on Tuesday, making him now one of the highest paid Croatian sportspeople.
According to daily 24sata, Zubac now moves ahead of Croatia football captain Luka Modrić.
In first place, and comfortably, is another NBA player, Bojan Bogdanović from the Utah Jazz. Bogdanović is in the final year off his four-year contract with Utah Jazz worth 73 million dollars gross, in which he will earn 19.55 million dollars or 18.63 million euros.
Just under Zubac is Modrić, who has the potential to earn more through bonuses. Another basketball player is next, Dario Šarić, followed by footballer Marcelo Brozović.
The list is dominated by basketball and football players, although tennis player Marin Čilić is right behind them on the list, 24sata said.
Highest-paid Croatian sportspeople in 2022
1. Bojan Bogdanović (Utah Jazz) – €18.6 (gross)
2. Ivica Zubac (Los Angeles Clippers) – around €10.5 (gross)
3. Luka Modrić (Real Madrid) – €9.4
4. Dario Šarić (Phoenix Suns) – €8.7 (gross)
5. Marcelo Brozović (Inter) – €6.5
6. Mateo Kovačić (Chelsea) – €6.2
7. Ivan Perišić (Tottenham) – €6