A dreamy art installation that captivates at first glance – step into the Polar Dream where anything is possible
Zagreb, 7 December 2022 – As part of Advent Zagreb, and in cooperation with the Zagreb Tourist Board, an art installation Polar Dream was installed in Grič tunnel, signed by the creative team of the association Umjetnost za grad (Art for the City), consisting of Ana Mikin and Stella Leboš.
An impressive textile sculpture 40 meters long, subtly rounded with light and sound effects, evokes a passage through a completely different ice cave, over which unusual clouds sway and a celestial dance of polar light takes place.
This ambient installation is inspired by the aurora borealis and the polar expanses, and in its own unique way takes visitors on a journey to the top of the world where everything is possible.
– Polar Dream symbolises the moment between the past and the future, the experiences that are behind us and those that are yet to come… It invites us to ask ourselves at the turn of the year where we have been and where we are going, leave the past behind and step towards the desired future.
All you have to do is go through the installation in the right direction – and dream a little. Don’t forget to stop in the middle, enjoy your achievements from the past year, discard all regrets and “what ifs”, imagine the new year and wish for something for yourself. Maybe everything you secretly hope for is waiting for you after the Polar Dream, the creators said.
Instructions for Polar Dreaming:
- Stop in the middle – look back, but also look ahead.
- Enjoy your achievements from the past year – no matter how small they were, they were all important.
- Put away all regrets and “what ifs” – focus on where you want to go (get to), instead of where you’ve been.
- Imagine the new year – how you want it to look, what you want to achieve in it, where you want it to take you.
- Wish something for yourself – set at least one intention for the future.
Along with the author’s team (Stella Leboš and Ana Mikin), Tom Pižeta, Iva Peručić, Iva Rodić Novak, Vanja Magić and Barbara Radelja participated in the realisation of Polar Dream. Lighting design is by Andrija Santro, while sound design is by Hrvoje Nikšić.
Behind the Polar Dream is the association Umjetnost za grad, which, in addition to the Grič tunnel, is responsible for the arrangement of two other Advent locations – Bela IV Park (Moon Garden) and Grič Park (Winter Nocturne).
The installation can be viewed daily from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. until January 7, 2023, with exceptions on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve (from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.) and Christmas and New Year’s Day (from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.).
The entrance to the tunnel is from Mesnička Street, and movement is one-way from Mesnička to Radićeva Street.
Polar Dream is part of the Advent in Zagreb programme, which is organised by the City of Zagreb, Maksimir JU and the Zagreb Tourist Board. More information is available on the website – adventzagreb.hr.
You can follow polar dreaming on the IG page @polarnisan.