Have teens visiting Croatia? Would like them to make local friends? Looking for an activity for them that’s both educational and fun? Look no further.
Last summer, the region’s first ever English summer camp aimed at building writing skills in students was launched on the beautiful Croatian island of Murter.
Speak Up’s English Writing & Adventure Camp teaches teens to write critically, clearly and convincingly in English – while on an island adventure. The camp offers participants American-style writing classes in the mornings, outdoor adventures in the afternoons, and a competitive edge back at school and for the future.
“Teaching English over the years, I’ve noticed that students who have been educated in Central Europe particularly struggle with expressing themselves in writing. They don’t know how to start writing, they have trouble structuring their texts, and they are generally afraid of the whole process because of how little attention is paid to it in schools. My goal is to bring American-style writing classes to students in Croatia and build strong and confident writers with developed critical thinking skills,” explains English and Writing Teacher Jelena Primorac, who will be teaching the writing classes in English at the camp.
• June 28 – July 04, 2020
• August 22—August 29, 2020
• 20 hours of essay writing classes with a native-speaking, professional English and writing teacher
• 15 hours of adrenaline sailing/hiking/biking with guides (also in English!)
• comfortable, private apartments (max 4 participants to one bathroom, usu. 2 participants to a bedroom)
• 3 meals a day (2 in restaurant with traditional local dishes)
• constant supervision
• 13-18 yrs. old
• 14 participants max per group (2 groups per camp)
• B2-native English
INCLUDED IN PRICE:
• All of the above, plus:
• Travel insurance
• Transportation from/to Zagreb, transfers on Murter
To book a spot or find out more write to [email protected]
More photos from last summer’s camp below.