Fritule, or little Croatian doughnuts as they liked to be called, are a popular sweet…
Fritule are popular all year round and over the festive period in particular you will find them at Christmas markets. They are easy to make and there are a number of different twists to the recipe. They can be made with apples, raisins or coated with chocolate sauce. This recipe from fini recepti is with yoghurt. Delicious and easy to make.
Yoghurt – 200 g
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 40 g
Vanilla sugar – 40 g
Bourbon vanilla sugar – 1 small packet
Baking power – 12 g
Flour (smooth) – 300 g
Rum – 30 ml
Salt – pinch
1. Break the whole eggs in a bowl, add the yoghurt, sugar, vanilla sugar, rum and whisk together well.
2. Now add the flour bit by bit and keep whisking as you do it. Add baking power, a pinch of salt and whisk all together. Once the mixture is semi-runny cover the bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pot to around 170°C. With a tablespoon scoop the mixture and place in hot oil.
4. Turn the fritule so that they are golden brown all over. Take out and place on paper to towel to soak the excess oil.
5. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Check out the video instructions below.