THE TASTIEST RECIPE #1: Dalmatian Sočivo
Madam Maša from Stankovci generously shared the recipe for this dish with us. She cooks it for her family for years, and her only advice is to get best pulses offered by local growers and, of course, the best olive oil, not to be added sparingly.
Dalmatian Sočivo is real countryside dish known throughout the Adriatic coast and coastal areas. Considering the variety of pulses we cook in this dish, its “down to earth” nature is clear.
You will be delighted to learn hot simple is to prepare this dish. You cook all at once and it is done when all pulses are soft enough. The result is an apparently simple dish, but extremely rich in texture and taste.
INGREDIENTS FOR 6 PERSONS:
150 g chickpeas (OPG Rapić – Ljubitovica)
150 g grass peas (OPG Rapić – Ljubitovica)
150 g corn (SD projekt)
150 g barley (SD projekt)
100 g cranberry bean (OPG Silvija Jurčević)
1 onion (SD projekt)
3 garlic cloves (OPG Pismarović)
salt and pepper
1. Soak pulses for a day.
2. Boil grass peas until cooked
3. Stew onions in olive oil, add chopped garlic and rinsed pulses on top of that.
4. Top up with water, add bay leaf and cook between 2 and 2 and half hours until all pulses are soft.
5. Add pepper and sol; while cooking add water as needed.
6. Serve in soup plate or bows, adding some olive oil to each serving.
Recipes, styling & photo: Little Chef
Ingredients: Little Market