Dubrovnik is arguably Croatia’s most famous destination. The city has been a popular destination for tourists from all over the world for decades.
Last year a record 1.27 million tourists visited Dubrovnik, creating 4.14 million overnight stays. Many come for the famous City Walls, the Old Town, Stradun, fortresses, the many beaches, food, culture, and most recently, to check out Game of Thrones filming locations.
But there is plenty more to do and see in Dubrovnik. We asked leading Dubrovnik guide Ivan Vuković Vuka for what his top 5 things to do in and around Dubrovnik would be away from the traditional sites.
1. Hike Petka hill and enjoy the sunset
2. Visit the wine empire of the Pelješac peninsula with oyster tasting in Mali Ston
3. Rent a car and drive to Cavtat and Konavle valley and explore some hidden beaches along the way
4. Do an early morning photography tour to see crowd-free Dubrovnik
5. Rent a speedboat and visit Lastovo island. Get lost in paradise and turn off your cellphones