‘Dubrovnik is a safe destination, British tourists not leaving’, mayor says
- by croatiaweek
- in News
ZAGREB, Aug 22 (Hina) – Dubrovnik Mayor Mato Frankovic has told the London-based national phone-in and talk radio station LBC that British guests are not fleeing this Adriatic city, underlining that Dubrovnik is a safe city in terms of epidemiological situation.
During his interview on Friday evening with the LBC radio station with an audience of more than 2.2 million, Frankovic said that earlier in the day, a number of British holidaymakers arrived in that southern Croatian city aboard several flights provided by different air companies.
On Thursday, Britain added Croatia, France, and Austria to the 14-day quarantine list with less than two days’ notice.
The mayor admitted that definitely this would make some of the British guests cut short their stay in Croatia or cancel their plans to visit Croatia.
However, if we manage to maintain flight services, Britons will definitely come to Dubrovnik, he said.
The mayor underlined that Dubrovnik had a low number of infections with coronavirus.
Since the British decision on adding Croatia to the quarantine list, the Dubrovnik mayor has been giving interviews with British media outlets, including Sky News, ITN, LBC, CNN Travel London, to inform the British public that his city is safe for the Brits as well as for all other foreign tourists.