Croatia Week have teamed up with Fini Recepti to bring you your favourite Croatian recipes…
Croatian TV chef Almo Čatlak this year completed 10 years of his cooking show ‘TV-kuhanja’ (TV-cooking. Čatlak’s show, which guides viewers how to prepare a meal from start to finish in a 3-minute clip, was broadcast on state broadcaster Croatian radiotelevision (HRT) for the past decade. In that period Čatlak has produced over 2,000 videos, and now the TV chef has decided to publish all of his recipes on portal finirecepti.com.
Croatia Week has teamed up with the crew at Fini Recepti to bring you those recipes in English. We will feature the recipes, everything from simple, quick everyday meals, to complicated festive delicacies, cakes and jams, twice weekly on our site.
The first in the series is:
Vinski Gulaš s Gljivama (Wine Goulash with Mushrooms)
Perfect to warm you up on a winter’s day…
Ingredients you will need (serves 4):
- Beef, 700g
- Onions, 5 heads
- Oyster mushrooms, 150g
- Garlic, 2 cloves
- Tomato concentrate, 1 tablespoon
- Ground red paprika, 1 tablespoon
- White wine, 300ml
- Bay leaf, 3
- salt and pepper
- Heat up pig lard in a pot and add the beef which has been diced into cubes. Add a bit of salt and fry and mix for around 10 minutes
- Add the diced onions, garlic and fry for around 20 minutes
- Then add the tomato concentrate, ground red paprika, oyster mushrooms, bay leaf, wine and enough water to cover the ingredients in the pot. Add salt, pepper and cook on low heat for around 30 minutes.
- Serve the wine goulash in a deep plate and garnish with fresh parsley. Dobar Tek!The link to the recipe in Croatian on finirecepti.com is here