Millions of Brits each summer escape the UK and head off to the Mediterranean on holiday…
With so many spectacular beaches to choose from on the Mediterranean coast, Britain’s Daily Mail has revealed its list of the Top 10 Most Beautiful Beaches in the Mediterranean, and of course a Croatian beach has made the list.
Situated along the Dalmatian Coast in Croatia, Baska Voda is one of the most-visited and most-loved summer resort towns in the Makarska Riviera. The tiny town, which has a population of just over 2,000, is known for its long gravel beaches, pine wood forests and Baroque architecture. White stone houses, surrounded by cliffs, are visible from the beach itself, which overlooks the crystal clear waters of the Adriatic Sea – Daily Mail writes.
Daily Mail’s Top 10 Most Beautiful Beaches in the Mediterranean
1. Egremni – Lefkada in Greece
2. Cala Mitjaneta –Menorca, Spain
3. Navagio Beach – Zakynthos, Greece
4. Elafonissi Beach – Crete, Greece
5. Monterosso Beach – Cinque Terre, Italy
6. Himara Beach – Himare, Albania
7. Spiaggia Rosa – Sardinia, Italy
8. Baška Voda – Croatia
9. Turquoise Coast – Patara, Turkey
10. Cabo de Gata – Andalucia, Spain