Trams to starting running through Zagreb centre again from July 2
- by croatiaweek
- in News
ZAGREB, July 1 (Hina) – Trams in downtown Zagreb along Jurisiceva, Praska and Ilica streets and Trg Ban Josip Jelacic square, which stopped running due to the March earthquake, will as of Thursday, July 2 start running again, the ZET tram company said on Wednesday.
Expert services inspected the tracks in detail and removed any threats following the earthquake, ZET informed.
ZET underlined that all trams that had been rerouted due to the earthquake will as of Thursday run along their usual routes.
ZET informed that some regular maintenance works were still being conducted in the main downtown square but that this will not disrupt tram traffic.
All ZET public transport will run according to the summer timetable which is available on ZET’s website.
ZET once again appealed to all passengers to adhere to recommendations by the COVID response team regarding face masks in public transport.
All vehicles will be disinfected and ventilated three times a day in an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus, ZET said in a press release.