Home » Business » Retail shop run by Homeland War veterans to open in Zagreb

Retail shop run by Homeland War veterans to open in Zagreb

veteran run shop zagreb

The agreement being signed (Photo: Vlada.hr)

ZAGREB, Nov 27 (Hina) – An agreement was signed on Friday to open a retail shop in Zagreb which would be operated by Homeland War veterans under the name ‘Lijepo i naše’.

The agreement was signed by the Minister of Veterans’ Affairs, Tomo Medved, and the CEO of the Pleter-usluge company, Marijan Marekovic.

The project represents a step forward in supporting businesses owned by veterans and their families and encourages further development of cooperatives, family farms and small businesses run by veterans, the Ministry of Veterans’ Affairs said in a statement.

The agreement provides that at least 70 percent of products in the shop must be produced by veteran-run cooperatives, farms, and small businesses, while the remaining 30% may be other locally produced products.

This project contributes to the overall effort of the Government to increase the share of domestic products on the Croatian market and encourage self-sufficiency and sustainability in the production of domestic food.

“With the opening of the veterans’ store, Croatian veterans and members of their families gathered in cooperatives, family farms and crafts will get a specialized, recognisable place where they will be able to place their products. At the same time, with this project, customers will be able to buy domestic products from reliable manufacturers in the center of Zagreb and encourage the development of entrepreneurship of Croatian veterans, the statement said.

Tags:
Share on:

Sign up to receive the Croatia Week Newsletter

Related Posts