23 September 2019 – 100 Members of the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Massachusetts will be visiting Croatia for a historic visit.
This is the first time the oldest charted military organization in the western hemisphere will travel to Croatia. The AHAC was charted in 1638 and has its headquarters on the 4th Floor of historic Faneuil Hall “the Cradle of Liberty” in Boston, MA.
Four US Presidents, 11 Congressional Medal of Honor Recipients, and a large number of politicians and military members have been a part of this historic organisation.
Activities on the Croatia trip include:
- Reception with US Ambassador Kohorst with a Boston themed Fenway Park reception. Scheduled date: 28 September
- Church Service at Christ King Chapel Scheduled date: 29 September
- Wreath Laying at the Monument to all victims of the Homeland War 1991-1995. Scheduled date: 29 September
- 311th Anniversary Fall Field Day Tour of Duty Banquet with invited government and military dignities. Scheduled date: 30 September
- Visit to WW2 Allied Airfield (near Vis cricket ground). Scheduled date: 02 October
- Wreath Laying Ceremony at Milna Allied Military Cemetery. Scheduled date: 02 October
- Parade through the South Gate to the Cathedral of the Old City in Dubrovnik. Scheduled date: 05 October