Dinamo Zagreb Complete Biggest Transfer in History of Croatian First Division
- by croatiaweek
- in Sport
Split’s Marko Rog has completed a 5 million euro transfer up north to Dinamo Zagreb on Tuesday, making it the biggest transfer in the history of the Croatian first division….
Rog, who has one full international cap for Croatia, has signed a 5-year-deal with the champions, a deal which will see his former club receive 30% of his next transfer fee.
“I can not explain how happy I am. I spent some great years in Split and want to thank my former club for making it possible to move to Dinamo and realise my dream,” said the 19-year-old midfielder.
Dinamo Zagreb coach Zoran Mamić was happy to have the Croatian international on board.
“We are happy that we have signed Rog. He is an extremely talented and quality player. Marko is a modern type of footballer, fast and runs straight at a player. He can play in a number of positions and we think he can bring a lot to Dinamo,” said Mamić.
Top 5 transfers in Croatian first division history:
1. Marko Rog – Split – Dinamo Zagreb in 2015 – 5 million euros
2. Junior Fernandes – Bayer Leverkusena – Dinamo Zagreb in 2014 – 2.5 milion euros
3. Robert Prosinečki – Seville – Dinamo Zagreb in 1997 – 2.5 million euros
4. Marcelo Brozović – Lokomotiva – Dinamo Zagreb in 2012 – 2.4 million euros
5. Adrian Calello – Independiente – Dinamo Zagreb in 2009 – 2.2 million euros
(photo / gnk dinamo)