Croatia’s Filip Mihaljević has won the bronze medal in the shot put at the European Athletics Indoor Championships in Torun, Poland on Friday evening.
The Croatian took bronze with a throw of 21.31 metres.
The gold was won by Tomaš Stanek from the Czech Republic who threw 21.62 metres. Second went to Michal Haratyk from Poland with a throw of 21.47 metres.
It was Croatia’s first medal at the European Athletics Indoor Championships in 27 years. The last medal was won by Branko Zorko in Paris in 1994 when he won the silver in the 1500 metres.
Mihaljević, who had been out with injury for six months, won the shot put gold medal at the European Athletics U23 Championships in Tallinn, Estonia in 2015.
His last medal was a bronze at the World Indoor Champs in Portland in 2016.
2021 European Athletics Indoor Championships
- Tomaš Stanek (Czech Republic) 21.62
- Michal Haratyk (Poland) 21.47
- FILIP MIHALJEVIĆ (CROATIA) 21.31
- Francisco Belo (Portugal) 21.28
- Wictor Petersson (Sweden) 20.75
- Armin Sinančević (Serbia) 20.74
- Marcus Thomsen (Norway) 20.28
- Mesud Pezer (Bosnia and Herzegovina) 19.77