Croatian wines have picked up a record 25 gold medals at the Decanter World Wine Awards 2023, Kult Plave Kamenice reported.
This year, 360 Croatian wines in total received gold, silver, and bronze medals at the largest and most influential annual wine competition in the world. A total of 480 wines from Croatia were submitted. Nerica Pošip 60 by Jakša and Marija Krajančić is one of the few orange wines that won gold at this year’s awards.
The Benvenuti brothers from Motovun won three gold medals, making it the fourth consecutive win for San Salvatore, as well as for Teran Livio Benvenuti and Anno Domini.
Overall, Croatian wines have 44 more medals this year, but unlike last year’s competition, there are no platinum medals. Galić winery from Kutjevo is the second most successful this year, with gold medals for Ego Tribidrag and Sauvignon Blanc. Kutjevo winery also won two gold medals for Graševina and Graševina ice harvest.
A record-breaking 18,250 wines from 57 countries were submitted to the Decanter World Wine Awards this year.
These are the gold medal-winning Croatian wines for the year 2023:
- Kabola Winery: Unica 2019 (96)
- Zoro Wines: Malvasija Dubrovačka 2022 (95)
- Nerica Vina: Pošip 60 2020 (95)
- Kozlovic Winery: Teran Selekcija 2021 (95)
- Vivoda: St. Euphemia Malvazija 2019 (95)
- Prović: Pagan Reserva 2018 (95)
- Galić: Ego Tribidrag 2019 (95)
- Galić: Sauvignon Blanc 2022 (95)
- Cmrečnjak: Pušipel Mađerka Sur Lie 2021 (95)
- Benvenuti: Livio Teran 2019 (96)
- Benvenuti: San Salvatore Muškat 2018 (95)
- Kutjevo: Graševina 2022 (95)
- Kutjevo: Ledeno Graševina 2018 (96)
- Štampar: Urban White Extra Brut 2020 (95)
- Benvenuti: Anno Domini Teran 2012 (95)
- Vina Belje: Graševina 2006 (95)
- Kraljevski Vinogradi: Gladiator 2019 (95)
- Vina Jakob: Jakob Cuvée 2019 (95)
- Ante Sladić Vino: Debit 2022 (95)
- Terra Slavonia: Apolitico Cabernet Franc 2021 (95)
- Florijanović: Škrlet 2022 (95)
- Vinarija Rossi: Malvazija Istarska 2022 (95)
- Darko Matijevic: Plavac Mali 2018 (95)
- Vina Franković: Luna D’oro Muškat Momjanski 2021 (95)
- Korta Katarina: Reuben’s Private Reserve 2013 (96)