Croatia Week have teamed up with Fini Recepti to bring you your favourite Croatian recipes…
Croatian TV chef Almo Čatlak this year completed 10 years of his cooking show ‘TV-kuhanja’ (TV-cooking). Čatlak’s show, which shows viewers how to prepare a meal from start to finish in a 3-4 minute clip, was broadcast on Croatian TV for the past decade. In that period Čatlak has produced over 2,000 videos.
Croatia Week has teamed up with the crew at Fini Recepti to bring you those recipes in English. We will feature the recipes, everything from simple, quick everyday meals, to complicated festive delicacies, cakes and jams, twice weekly on our site.
Ingredients you will need (to serve 4)
- Minced meat – 700 g
- Filo pastry – 5-6 sheets
- Onion – 2
- Carrot – 1/2
- Celery root- 50 g
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Sweet red paprika ground – 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs – 4
- Sour cream – 250 ml
- Mineral water – 500 ml
- Finely chop onions, carrots and celery root and simmer in a large frying pan with a little oil until soft
- Add the minced meat, ground red paprika, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and fry together, constantly mixing until the meat is ‘grainy’ – then remove from heat
- Place a sheet of filo pastry in a greased baking tin and thinly coated with a mixture of oil and water
- Add a layer of meat then cover with another sheet of filo pastry
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together with sour cream, mineral water and some salt
- Pour the mixture over the burek
- Put it in the oven (lower level) and bake on 180°C for 30-40 minutesDobar tek!
Check out the video instructions below: