ZAGREB, March 21 (Hina) – Croatia currently has 157 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 29 more than on Friday, the national civil protection authority said on Saturday.
Health Minister Vili Beros told a news conference that it was good that the epidemiological situation in the country was still under control, especially if compared with the situation in neighbouring countries, as well as that information was available on persons in self-isolation and their movement, owing to which it was possible to manage the crisis.
Beros warned, however, that some people were disobeying rules on self-isolation and instructions from the national civil protection authority.
“We have to take the instructions very seriously because it enables us to control the spreading of the epidemic.”
In a post on social networks earlier in the day, the minister warned that the disease was spreading at an exponential rate, calling on citizens to stay at home to help prevent the Italian scenario.