The main topic of a press conference held before Dinamo Zagreb’s match on Sunday with Rijeka was not the top-of-the-table clash, but reports of the renewed interest in the pint-sized midfielder.
“There is interest from Barcelona for Alen Halilović. The interest from the Catalonian club is renewed, but if and when they will come to Zagreb to negotiate is not clear at this stage,” said Mamić.
It is not the first time Barcelona have shown interest in the Croatian international.
“Here also is a written offer from FC Barcelona for 15 million euros, depending on Alen’s appearances, which we refused, and in the last six months, Zoran (Mamić -Dinamo’s coach) has been negotiating with Bayern and Inter about Alen,” said Dinamo’s Executive director Zdravko Mamić at a board meeting late last year.