Two beaches in Croatia have been included on a list of the 50 Best Beaches in the World complied by Big 7 Travel.
The list of the top beaches in the world was compiled using aggregated scores from previous media results, official Blue Flag locations and contributions from the Big 7 Travel editorial team.
“It’s a diverse list, with black sandy shores, city beaches and plenty of islands. From Myanmar to Mauritius, consider this your essential vacation guide,” Big 7 Travel said.
The Croatian beaches included on the list are both island beaches. Ranked no.32 was Jagodna Bay on the island of Hvar, whilst Zlatni rat on the island of Brač came in at no.18.
“Hvar has plenty of picture-perfect beaches, but this especially beautiful cove is a highlight. It’s located between Sveta Nedjelja and Ivan Dolac, and has pebble beaches, crystal clear waters and thick pine forests,” Big 7 Travel said about Jagodna Bay.
Describing Zlatni rat, they said this:
“The Golden Horn is the most spectacular of all Croatia’s beaches. It’s not just its shape that makes it so beautiful and unique. The pebble beach is surrounded by crystal clear sea, that goes from turquoise blue to dark blue in just 10-20 meters. Decades-old pine trees provide shade, but you won’t want to get out of the warm waters here.”
50 Best Beaches in the World
1. Vaeroy Beach – Norway
2. Whitehaven Beach – Whitsunday Islands, Australia
3. Fig Tree Bay – Protaras, Cyprus
4. Grace Bay – Turks and Caicos
5. Secret Lagoon – El Nido, Palawan, Philippines
6. Reynisfjara Beach – Vík í Mýrdal, Iceland
7. Source d’Argent – Seychelles
8. Playa Ruinas – Quintana Roo, Mexico
9. Kanuhura Maldives – Lhaviyani Atoll Maldives
10. Pig Beach – Bahamas
18. Zlatni rat – Brač, Croatia
32. Jagodna Bay – Hvar, Croatia
You can see the full list here.