One Croatian national park has made TripAdvisor’s list of the best in the world for 2021.
Voted for by users of the world’s most popular travel website, the list of the best 25 national parks in the world has featured Croatia’s pearl – Plitvice Lakes National Park.
The UNESCO-protected Plitvice Lakes National Park was ranked the 21st best in the world by users, and the 3rd best in Europe.
“The bubbling, turquoise crystalline pools of Plitvice Lakes National Park comprise one of Croatia’s most popular tourist destinations. Just a two-hour drive from Zagreb, the national park offers 50 acres of forest and lake. In winter, it’s a wonderland of frozen waterfalls. In summer, the park is lush with greenery. Wooden walkways and hiking trails traverse the porous karst limestone. This World Heritage Site is a veritable wildlife haven, home to everything from birds to boars and even bears,” TripAdvisor writes.
Best National Parks in the World
1. Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
2. Jim Corbett National Park, India
3. Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
4. Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
5. Kruger National Park, South Africa
6. Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
7. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
8. Zion National Park, Utah
9. Torres del Paine National Park, Chile
10. Fiordland National Park, New Zealand
21. Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
Best National Parks in Europe
1. Yorkshire Dales National Park – UK
2. Vatnajokull National Park – Iceland
3. Plitvice Lakes National Park – Croatia
4. Peak District National Park – UK
5. New Forrest National Park – UK
6. Sierra de Grazalema – Spain
7. Sierra Nevada – Spain
8. Uludag National Park – Turkey
9. Sierra de Aracena and Picos de Aroche Natural Park – Spain
10. Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park – Italy