ZAGREB, 26 Aug (Hina) – The 72nd edition of the Dubrovnik Summer Festival ended on Wednesday evening with an opera gala.
The Dubrovnik Summer Festival ended on Wednesday evening with a gala opera concert featuring Diane Damrau, Nicolas Testé and Roko Radovan and the HRT Symphonic Orchestra.
Minister of Culture Nina Obuljen Koržinek said on Wednesday that the contribution by performers at the 72nd Dubrovnik Summer Festival was comparable to the best festival seasons.
Obuljen Koržinek said that the festival’s organisers had introduced new themes and approaches while maintaining tradition, ambience and exploration of Dubrovnik’s, Croatia’s and global heritage.
“Planning in these circumstances required a lot of work, creativity and courage. Congratulations once again for a successful edition,” said Obuljen Koržinek.
She said that culture was faced with yet another difficult and uncertain year as it was not easy to engage all artists, but that the festival had created room for those who might not have had that opportunity.
The festival’s director, Dora Ruždjak Podolski, said that the festival had achieved success along with a unique and quality programme while ensuring compliance with epidemiological restrictions.
“This festival is the result of last year’s because 2020 was critical and a huge challenge that we managed to successfully respond to. It would not have been possible without the ministry and government. I always thank the public, and today in particular because with their help we have promoted culture and showed the entire country and region that it is important and significantly contributes to building a civil society,” she said.