31 August 2021 – Croatian international Nikola Vlašić is heading back to the English Premier League.
The 23-year-old has signed for West Ham United for an undisclosed fee, the club announced on Tuesday.
“I am thrilled with the signing for this great club. I can’t wait to wear the jersey and give my best in every training session and in every game,” Vlašić said today.
“Everyone at West Ham United would like to wish Nikola every success for his career in Claret and Blue,” the club said.
Welcome to West Ham United, Nikola Vlasic! ✍️— West Ham United (@WestHam) August 31, 2021
The transfer is reportedly worth around 30 million euros and if correct, would be the fourth highest ever for a Croatian footballer.
The former CSKA Moscow midfielder, who scored in Croatia’s 3-1 victory over Scotland at Euro 2020, scored 28 times for CSKA in 81 matches and was named player of the year in Russia last season.
Vlašić, who recently got married and became a father this summer, has scored six times for his country in 26 appearances.
He will return back to the Premier League after his stint with Everton back in 2017 when he signed as a teenager from Hajduk Split. He played 19 times for Everton before signing for CSKA Moscow.
10 Biggest Ever Croatian Transfers
1. Mateo Kovačić – 45 milion euros – Real Madrid to Chelsea
2. Mateo Kovačić – 38 milion euros – Inter Milan to Real Madrid
3. Luka Modrić – 35 milion euros – Tottenham to Real Madrid
4. Dejan Lovren – 25.3 million euros – Southamptona to Liverpool
5. Marko Pjaca – 23 million euros – Dinamo to Juventus
7. Nikola Kalinić – 22.5 million euros – Fiorentina to Milan
8. Luka Modrić – 22.5 million euros – Dinamo to Tottenham
9. Mario Mandžukić – 22 milion euros – Bayern to Atletico
10. Duje Ćaleta Car – 19 million euros – Salzburg to Marseille