ZAGREB, March 31 (Hina) – Seventy-seven new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Croatia, putting the total at 867, and there have been no new deaths, the national civil protection authority said on Tuesday.
“The number of (new) cases is the same as yesterday and indicates that there is no major increase in new patients, which indirectly indicates that our measures are effective,” Health Minister Vili Beros said at a daily press conference.
A total of 7,015 persons have been tested, including 611 in the last 124 hours, and 32 patients are on ventilators.
The death toll is still six and 67 persons have recovered. Emergency medical staff have treated 1,124 persons suspected to have COVID-19.
Beros said the healthcare system was going back to normal after the initial shock of the epidemic outbreak.
Croatian Institute of Public Health head Krunoslav Capak said first analyses showed that there had been no increase in COVID-19 infections following the March 22 earthquake in Zagreb.
A breakdown of cases in Croatia above.