Home » News » €2.6m reconstruction of fishing port on Rab launched

€2.6m reconstruction of fishing port on Rab launched

Rab

ZAGREB, May 27 (Hina) – Port authorities on Rab on Wednesday signed a contract for the reconstruction of the Pumpurela fishing port on that northern Croatian island.

This is an investment worth HRK 19.9 million (€2.62 million), and 75% of the costs will be covered by EU funds and the remaining 25% by the government.

The plan envisages rebuilding and expanding fishing piers and the necessary infrastructure, and the works are expected to start in two weeks’ time and to be completed in late March 2021.

The reconstruction of the fishing piers in Pumpurela is the first stage of rebuilding the whole Rab port, estimated to cost about 60 million kuna.

Grants to Imotski for road construction

 EU Funds and Regional Development Minister Marko Pavic on Wednesday presented the authorities in the town of Imotski with grants worth HRK 6 million, under the scheme of sustainable development of local communities and programmes for the development of hilly and mountainous regions.

The grant agreements envisage the construction of roads, kindergartens, and other local utilities in this region of the Dalmatian hinterland, according to a press release issued by the town authorities in Imotski.

The minister was quoted as saying that during his stay he would also take stock of an HRK 150 million programme on investments to integrate the wider Imotski region.

Share on:

Sign up to receive the Croatia Week Newsletter

Related Posts