ZAGREB, 27 December 2020 – The Croatian water polo team has gathered in Zagreb to being preparations for important Olympic qualifiers in January (14-21).
Coach Ivica Tucak selected 20 players who will stay together and train until 30 December when they players will then go on a short break. The squad will meet up again and train in Zagreb from 3-6 January before heading off to the European qualifiers for the World League.
Croatia will play Montenegro in Hungary on 8 January in the quarterfinals.
1. Marko Bijač (Pro Recco)
2. Ivan Marcelić (Mladost)
3. Toni Popadić (Jug Adriatic osiguranje)
4. Marin Šparada (Solaris)
5. Josip Vrlić (Mladost)
6. Luka Lončar (Jug Adriatic osiguranje)
7. Nikša Dobud (Pro Recco)
8. Luka Lozina (Vouliagmeni)
9. Andro Bušlje (Mladost)
10. Marko Macan (Waspo 98 Hannover)
11. Rino Burić (Jadran)
12. Hrvoje Benić (Jug Adriatic osiguranje)
13. Lovre Miloš (Mladost)
14. Maro Joković (Brescia)
15. Xavi Garcia (Jug Adriatic osiguranje)
16. Luka Bukić (Mladost)
17. Loren Fatović (Jug Adriatic osiguranje)
18. Ante Vukičević (Marseille)
19. Franko Lazić (Mladost)
20. Zvonimir Butić (Jadran)
All players responded to the invitation of the coach, except Ante Vukičević, who with his wife is expecting a child in Marseille, France, but believes that he will join his teammates in the preparations after the New Year, before leaving for the World League match in Hungary.