The Croatian Cultural Association Cardinal Alojzije Stepinac (CCA) was established in 2004 with the vision to honour its culture by preserving its heritage within its wider community.
Based in Geelong in Victoria, Australia, the Association has been actively involved with various functions and projects such as: the My Mother’s Kitchen / Kuhinja moje majke’* cookbook, which was launched in 2019, food festivals, fundraising events, cooking classes and many more special occasions.
Since its inception, the Croatian Cultural Association has continually supported and raised much-needed funds both in Australia and in their beloved Croatia.
- Supporting and donating to Croatian families within our community;
- Supporting Holy Family Primary School in Bell Park, with their LOTE Croatian & Italian Days;
- Supporting the demining in Croatia;
- Supporting the Association of Croatian Language Teachers in Victoria – where they reward students who study the Croatian language in Australia;
- Sponsoring the North Geelong Warriors – Senior Women’s Team;
- Donated to the earthquake Appeals in Croatia over the past few years;
- Donated to the St Vincent de Paul Society – Christmas Family Appeal;
- Donated to HKUD Lado, Geelong;
- Donated to the Cancer Council of Victoria;
- Donated to Beyond Blue – Mental Health;
- Donated to Fire Appeals in Australia;
- And much more.
On Sunday 11 December 2022 the Croatian Cultural Association held a Family Christmas Lunch for its current Members, 2022 Presenters, and their families. The theme of the lunch was Family, Christmas Tradition and Prayer. It was a successful day and enjoyed by all.
“Special thanks to the creative prowess of Mrs. Katarina Franić, who show-cased her vision in creating an awe-inspiring Christmas Wreath exhibition for the silent auction as well as the Christmas table display and centrepiece. The Association is extremely appreciative for the extraordinary hours and effort Mrs. Katarina Franić dedicated to the success of the Christmas lunch,” the club said.
With the amazing generosity from all bidders, CCA were able to raise $3,345.00 on the day. All the proceeds went towards the St Vincent de Paul Society – 2022 Christmas Family Appeal – giving hope to families within their local community.
“Thank you to Mrs Mira Erceg, Mrs. Zdenka Šare and Mrs. Sanja Doṧen who donated their time assisting Mrs.Katraina Franić. The Association would also thanked Mrs Sanja Doṧen for baking the most festive and delectable gingerbread biscuits. As always, the Association is blessed to have the fabulous photographer – Mrs Julie Marinović, who always captures what CCA is all about – Croatian culture, heritage, and family.
Finally, Croatian Cultural Association would like to thank the Croatian Community Centre of Geelong who put on an amazing lunch on the day and continually support Croatian Cultural Association with all their events unconditionally.
The continuity of the Croatian Cultural Association would not be possible without the ongoing support of their wonderful members and are humbled to be part of the intricate story of the Croatian community in Australia.”
*My Mother’s Kitchen / Kuhinja moje majke’ can still be directly purchased from The Fresh Food Merchant at 138 Malop Street Geelong Victoria 3220 or online at https://www.croatianculturalassociation.com/
Let us know what your Croatian club in your community is doing – email: [email protected]