The UK’s BBC has named one Croatian stadium on its list of 10 of the world’s most beautiful sports arenas.
Situated in Zvonimir Boban’s hometown of Imotski in the Dalmatian hinterland, Stadion Gospin Dolac is one impressive ground. It is located near the red and blue lakes on the cliff edge with a 500m plunge below and it has been ranked No.6 on the list of the BBC’s top 10 released today.
“It seems like the whole of Croatia was designed with Instagram in mind, so it should be no surprise that the country hosts this straight-out-of-a-dream football stadium on the Croatian/Bosnian border,” the BBC writes.
BBC’s Top 10 of the World’s Most Beautiful Sports Arenas
1. Estadio BBVA Bancomer, Monterrey, Mexico
2. HPCA Stadium, Dharamsala, India
3. Big Sky Golf, Pemberton, Canada
4. Estadi Comunal D’Andorra La Vella, Andorra
5. Queenstown Event Centre, New Zealand
6. Stadion Gospin Dolac, Croatia
7. CenturyLink Field, Seattle
8. The Floating Stadium, Singapore
9. Hasteinsvollur, Iceland
10. Circuit de Monaco/The Monte Carlo, Monaco