2023 STEMM Competition for Australian Croatian Diaspora Youth
- by croatiaweek
- in News
- STEMM initiative for Australian Croatian youth 15 to 21
- Build networks with Croatian academics, professors, and businesses
- Gain sought-after work experience for career pathways
- Grow your connections with likeminded Croatian youth across Australia with prize money, a Consulate award, and a guided tour of the Australian Synchrotron
- Sign up before 23 May
The Croatian Central State Office for Croats Abroad, together with the Victorian Croatian Chamber of Commerce (VCCC), is proud to once again offer Australian Croatian youth the opportunity to participate in the STEMM Competition.
This initiative gives Australian Croatian Diaspora youth exclusive access to Croatian professors, academics, and businesses.
To gain valuable research experience and explore a career in STEMM. Last year, participants were fortunate to work with distinguished professors Frances Separovic (Foreign Secretary at the Australian Academy of Science), Ivan Marusic, an ARC Laureate Fellow, and Redmond Barry.
Learn more about Frances in the video below.
Key activities for the 2023 STEMM competition:
- Kick off on June 1st with a “meet and greet” to help you think of the topic you’d like to research.
- Research your topic over June and July.
- Between now and late August, you’ll meet with Croatian professors, academics, and businesses to assist you with your research presentation.
- Join your fellow participants to present your research at the Consulate Awards Ceremony in early September.
Hear from one of last year’s participants – Lucija Filipovic – in the video below.
All participants who complete the competition receive a participation certificate with prizes for the best entries. A great addition to the CV.
You can hear also from Ana and Diana below, who also took part last year.
To get involved in this exclusive opportunity contact Cindy Drake, programme leader, or visit the website by 23 May. Visit https://www.vcccprojects.com/ and complete the form.
Email: [email protected] or phone Cindy on 0427214502