Premier League clubs in England spent £130 million this January. Whilst Manchester City’s £28m payment for Wilfred Bony from Swansea was the biggest signing, two Croatian players have made the list of the Top 20 transfers in the January window.
Bayer Leverkusen’s 7 million euro signing of Croatian defender Tina Jedvaj from Roma (where he was on loan), and Leicester City’s 9 million euro signing of Rijeka striker Andrej Kramarić were among the Top 20.
Top 20 Most Expensive Deals in January 2015
1. Wilfred Bony – Swansea to Manchester City (£28m)
2. Juan Cuadrado – Fiorentina to Chelsea (£26.1m)
3. Andre Schurrle – Chelsea to Wolfsburg (£22m)
4. Enzo Perez – Benfica to Valencia (Undisclosed – approx £20m)
5. Gabriel Paulista – Villarreal to Arsenal (£14m)
6. Bernardo Silva – Benfica to Monaco (Undisclosed – approx £12m)
7. Lucas Silva – Cruzeiro to Real Madrid (Undisclosed – approx £11.5m)
8. Seydou Doumbia – CSKA Moscow to AS Roma (£10.85m)
9. Ryan Bertrand – Chelsea to Southampton (£10m)
10. Manolo Gabbiadini – Sampdoria to Napoli (£9.75m)
14. Andrej Kramarić – Rijeka to Leicester City (£6.8m)
20. Tin Jedvaj – Roma to Bayer Leverkusen (£5.3m)