DUBAI, 4 January 2019 – Former Croatian football captain Zvonimir Boban has won the Special Career Award at the 2019 Globe Soccer Awards held in Dubai.
Boban, who is today FIFA’s Deputy Secretary General, received the Special Career Award for his commitment and the skills he demonstrated in pledging himself to the service of football and its people.
Boban (50), who was capped 51 times for Croatia, joined FIFA President Gianni Infantino’s office in 2016 and has been praised for his work since becoming Deputy Secretary General.
In the main award, Cristiano Ronaldo claimed the Best Player and Goal of the Year award, whilst French World Cup-winning coach Didier Deschamps won coach of the year.
Globe Soccer Awards
• Cristiano Ronaldo – Player of the Year
• Atlético Madrid – Club of the Year
• Fabio Paratici – Sports Director of the Year
• Jorge Mendes – Manager of the Year
• Zvonimir Boban – Special Career Award
• Blaise Matuidi – Career Award
• Didier Deschamps – Coach of the Year
• Ronaldo Nazário – Career Award