Croatia Week have teamed up with Fini Recepti to bring you your favourite Croatian recipes in English…
Croatian TV chef Almo Čatlak this year completed 10 years of his cooking show ‘TV-kuhanja’ (TV-cooking). Čatlak’s show, which shows viewers how to prepare a meal from start to finish in a 3-4 minute clip, was broadcast on Croatian TV for the past decade. In that period Čatlak has produced over 2,000 videos.
Crni rižoto od morskih plodova (Seafood black risotto)
Clams – 100 g
Cuttlefish – 100 g
Squid – 100 g
Mussels – 100 g
Shrimps – 50 g
Scampi – 50 g
Rice – 200 g
Onion – 1
Tomato concentrate – 2 tablespoons
White wine – 100 ml
Parmesan cheese – 100 g
Sugar – pinch
1. Clean and cut up the cuttlefish and squid.
2. In a heated pan with olive oil fry the diced onions, add a pinch of sugar and then add the squid and cuttlefish to soften. Fry together and then add garlic, salt and tomato concentrate. Mix well.
3. When the cuttlefish and squid has softened add the white wine. Cook more and then add water.
4. Add now the cleaned shrimps, mussels, rice, and let cook on low heat. Add the clams and scampi also.
5. Add the cuttlefish ink just before the rice is cooked (as much as you prefer), and olive oil and parsley and cook till thickens and the rice is ready.
6. Serve with parmesan cheese.
Check out the video instructions below:
You can see the original recipe in Croatian here