ZAGREB, 18 June 2019 – After several years of training the dogs, searching for the naural truffle habitats and learning about unique specialties, we can finally guarantee that Zagreb is one of the rare capital cities in the world that has a pure treasure – wild fresh truffles.
Truffles are difficult to grow, hard to find and always in high demand. It’s hard to believe that one of the rarest, most expensive, wild noble foods in the world is tracked thanks to the talent of pigs and rare dogs.
Lagotto Romagnolo is a truffle hunter and as its name suggests, it’s a dog breed originating from the Romagna region in Italy and is the only pure breed dog in the world recognized as a specialized truffle searcher.
Most people associate the Istria region of Croatia with truffles but if you are in the Croatian capital and wish to go on a hunt then Truffle Hunting Zagreb offers a unique tour which combines truffle hunting and outdoor tasting with sightseeing at the most interesting Zagreb nature sites.
- Pick up in front of accommodation facilities
- Driving through Zagreb neighborhoods to the chosen location
- Meeting with the hunting dogs and the tour guide
- Storytelling – about destination specialties
- Truffles & hunting action
- Outdoor tasting of sliced fresh truffle, truffle cheese and special apèritif Truffle Medica
- Driving back to accommodation facilities
Duration of the truffle hunting tour is app. 3 hours and price is 777 kn per a person.
After the truffle hunting part, guests can choose a restaurant and taste fresh wild truffle that they dug out themselves an hour ago. Every partner restaurant has in their menus developed truffle dishes, so guests will get a grater for spreading fresh truffles on each meal during a truffle menu.
Price: + 333 kn
You can see the reviews on TripAdvisor below.