Home » Latest » Man In Serious Condition After Lighting Cigarette Whilst Filing Up Chainsaw With Petrol

Man In Serious Condition After Lighting Cigarette Whilst Filing Up Chainsaw With Petrol

A 57-year-old man from Gardinovec near Cakovec in northern Croatia has been rushed to hospital on Tuesday with serious burns after lighting a cigarette whilst filing up his chainsaw with petrol.

At around 2pm yesterday the man filled his chainsaw up with petrol but when after not securing the cap well enough petrol splashed on his hands and close as he tried to start the chainsaw up. When the chainsaw failed to start the man, who is in a serious condition in a Cakovec hospital, decided to light up a cigarette which caught fire with the petrol vapor on his hands and clothes. The man’s son rushed to his aid and extinguished the flames which engulfed the man.

Share on:
0 / 5 (0 votes)

Sign up to receive the Croatia Week Newsletter

Related Posts