ZAGREB, March 30 (Hina) – Seventy-seven new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Croatia, bringing the total to 790, and there have been no new deaths, the national civil protection authority said on Monday.
“Croatia introduced very early measures for the self-protection of citizens for the purpose of preventing the spread of this infection. We are happy that the largest portion of the population comply with those measures, which is why our curve is still linear. We appeal to the rest of the population to comply with our measures and to adhere to self-protection instructions because that’s the best way to prevent this infection,” Health Minister Vili Beros said at a press conference.
A total of 6,404 samples have been tested, 504 per day, 27 patients are on ventilators, the number of deaths is still six, and 64 persons have recovered, 12 more than on Sunday.
928 persons found to be violating self-isolation
Police have found 928 persons to be violating self-isolation measures and notified the State Inspectorate, which fines them, the head of the national civil protection authority, Interior Minister Davor Bozinovic, said.
He said that on Sunday county emergency centres received 41 calls about possible self-isolation violations, that the Interior Ministry operations and communication centre recorded 3,790 such reports, and that police established 928 cases of violation.
Bozinovic reiterated that everyone who wanted to help in the fight against COVID-19 could obtain all the necessary information at koronavirus.hr.
“The donation programme launched by the government enables everyone to donate money, medical and other health equipment, food and household necessities for the Croatian Red Cross.”
The State Inspectorate said earlier that self-isolation violations are punished with a HRK 8,000 fine. If the measure is violated a number of times, the fine may go up to HRK 120,000.