By Ivana Lovrić
Palačinke or crepes are a favourite but sometimes though when the urge to make a batch comes up you don’t always have all the required ingredients in the fridge.
Not having any eggs at hand is no excuse to put off making palačinke. Here is a quick and easy egg-free recipe for those who are caught short with ingredients or maybe intolerant to eggs.
Flour (all-purpose) – 250 g
Milk – 350 ml
Mineral water – 1 dcl
Sugar – 1 tablespoon
Salt – pinch
Oil – 2 teaspoons
Rum – half teaspoon
Butter – half a tablespoon
Filing of your choice
1. Pour the flour, sugar and salt and mix well (best by hand).
2. Add now the milk slowly and keep whilst stirring constantly and blend in well. Add oil and keep whisking.
3. Melt the butter and add it to the mixture. Then add the rum to mixture which will not only give it flavour, but also will prevent oil absorption.
4. Add a bit of mineral water to the mixture to dilute it to the correct consistency.
5. Let mixture sit for half an hour.
6. Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the mixture forming the palačinka in the pan by tilting it. (around 1/4 cup mixture for each). Cook for around 2 minutes on both sides.
7. Spread your favourite filling and serve.