Croatia Week have teamed up with Fini Recepti to bring you your favourite Croatian recipes…
Croatian TV chef Almo Čatlak this year completed 10 years of his cooking show ‘TV-kuhanja’ (TV-cooking). Čatlak’s show, which shows viewers how to prepare a meal from start to finish in a 3-4 minute clip, was broadcast on Croatian TV for the past decade. In that period Čatlak has produced over 2,000 videos.
Croatia Week has teamed up with the crew at Fini Recepti to bring you those recipes in English. We will feature the recipes, everything from simple, quick everyday meals, to complicated festive delicacies, cakes and jams, twice weekly on our site.
Although not Croatian in origin, ćevapi could almost be considered a national dish. There are a number of ways to enjoy ćevapi…here is just one.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- Beef – 500 g
- Lamb – 160 g
- Beef tallow – 100 g
- Meat stock – 300 ml
- Lepinja (flatbread) – 4
- Onion – 2
- Salt, pepper
- Chop all the meat and tallow and put through the mincer. Add salt and mix with hands for a least 10 minutes. Put through the mincer again
- Mix again with hands and cover and place in fridge overnight
- Roll into ćevapi shape with the palm of your hands and start to fry in pan without any added oil
- Pour the meat stock in a small bowl and dip the lepinja in the stock and place in pan with the ćevapi
- Once cooked remove and serve the ćevapi on the lepinja with chopped onions on the side
Watch the video instructions below:
Check the original recipe (in Croatian) here.
Previous recipes in English: