Home » News » Croatia earthquake: Website launched on services available to address needs of victims

Croatia earthquake: Website launched on services available to address needs of victims

Website launched on services available to address needs of quake victims

(Photo: Potresinfo)

ZAGREB, 9 Jan (Hina) – The Civil Protection Authority on Friday launched the website https://potresinfo.gov.hr containing all information about efforts to deal with the aftermath of the magnitude 6.2 earthquake that hit Sisak-Moslavina County and parts of Karlovac and Zagreb Counties on 29 December.

The website provides information about organised collective accommodation and how citizens from the quake-affected areas can get temporary shelter if their properties are destroyed or damaged.

Also information on donations of food and other necessities as well as about fodder is available.

Furthermore, the website informs about mobile teams providing psychological assistance, among other things.

It gives an overview of activities of the government and services to mitigate the aftermath of the devastating quake that took seven lives and caused huge damage.

Hotels donate 125 mobile homes, additional purchases discussed

Hotels have so far donated 125 mobile homes for earthquake-hit Sisak-Moslavina County, and representatives of hoteliers and tourist associations discussed the purchase of additional mobile homes at a meeting with the government on Friday.

After the meeting, Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic thanked the hotels for donating the 125 mobile homes that had already been delivered to Sisak-Moslavina County and said that providing additional mobile homes had been discussed today.

The state would procure them through the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Economy and Commodity Reserves and transfer them to Sisak-Moslavina County as soon as possible in order to provide temporary accommodation for earthquake victims, Plenkovic said.

Talks on the use of mobile homes available along the Croatian coast will be held by the Tourism and Sports Ministry and the Economy Ministry, said Plenkovic, hoping that many of those will be delivered to Sisak-Moslavina County as soon as possible.

The 125 mobile homes that have been donated so far are between 24 and 32 metres square, they are equipped with a bathroom and kitchen, and most of them came with bed linen, towels and cutlery, said the director of the Croatian Tourism Association (HUT), Veljko Ostojic.

He announced that today and tomorrow a thorough examination of everything available would be carried out, and during the weekend a precise list of everything deemed appropriate and suitable for assistance would be provided.

The meeting was also attended by Finance Ministar Zdravko Maric, Economy and Sustainable Development Minister Tomislav Coric, Physical Planning, Construction and State Assets Minister Darko Horvat and representatives of several tourism companies.

Share on:

Sign up to receive the Croatia Week Newsletter

Related Posts