ZAGREB, March 20 (Hina) – Eight new coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Croatia, which puts their total number at 113, the national civil protection authority said on Friday.
“The average age of the patients is 42.6, which is the reason why the clinical picture of most of them is good. There has been no deterioration of the symptoms in most cases, except for one person, who has been put on a ventilator but whose condition is still stable,” Health Minister Vili Beros said at a news conference.
So far 1,604 tests for coronavirus have been done, and five patients have recovered.
Beros underlined that according to reports from Italy, as many as 40% of Italian citizens are not complying with health authorities’ instructions, while Chinese health authorities underline the importance of following those instructions, which is of crucial importance for stopping the spread of the infection.
Close to 13,000 Croatians are in self-isolation, 790 cases are under medical supervision, 84 people are in quarantine, of whom 52 are Croatian nationals, and 18 drivers are in quarantine as well, Public Health Institute head Krunoslav Capak said.
A map below of where the cases in Croatia are (Koronavirus.hr)