ZAGREB, June 29, 2020 – There were 34 new COVID-19 cases reported in Croatia in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to 2,725, the national crisis management team said in a statement on Monday.
“17 new cases were in Zagreb, 2 in Istria, 4 in Karlovac, 7 in Osijek-Baranja, 1 in Sisak-Moslavina, 2 in Vukovar-Srijem and 1 in Zadar counties. These numbers are satisfactory and indicate, among other things, that we have most likely prevented the spread of the infection in Zadar, and in Djakovo we are doing very well, given that the total number of new cases is seven,” Health Minister Vili Beros said.
There were no new COVID-19-related fatalities reported in the last 24 hours. The current death toll still stands at 107. There have been 2,155 recoveries so far, three more than yesterday.
There are 463 active cases currently in Croatia with 65 people in hospital and one patient currently on a ventilator.
Since late February, Croatia has conducted 78,183 tests, including 730 in the last 24 hours.
Interior Minister Davor Bozinovic told N1 today that Croatia was in the “phase of dancing with the virus”, and that it was awaiting the green light from Brussels to ease the current travel regime of mandatory self-isolating for people arriving from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
“We will wait for the talks in Brussels, which will mean that everyone who enters adheres to epidemiological measures.” To be quite clear, he added: “That would no longer mean self-isolation for those coming from the direction of Bosnia and Herzegovina.”
The decision could be made as soon as tomorrow.
Currently, anybody arriving into Croatia from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo and the Republic of North Macedonia have to self-isolate for 14 days. This does not include those who are in transit passing through Croatia.