ZAGREB, April 26 (Hina) – Health Minister Vili Beros, a member of the national coronavirus crisis management team, said on Sunday that 14 new cases of the COVID-19 disease had been confirmed in Croatia in the last 24 hours, and one more person had died.
“In the last 24 hours 14 new patients have been diagnosed, which puts the total number of infections at 2,030,” Beros said.
He said that one patient, a resident of a Split nursing home where the disease recently broke out, died on Saturday, and that the total number of fatalities now stands at 55.
So far 46 children aged under 10 and 65 children aged 10-20 have been diagnosed with COVID-19, the minister said.
He repeated that Health Ministry inspectors had not found any irregularities in the work of the Teaching Institute for Public Health in Split or in the conduct of the doctor in charge of the Split nursing home where ten residents have so far died due to the coronavirus infection, but he noted that reports from other institutions were still being awaited.
“We have to wait for all inspection teams to complete their job, mine has done it and I have presented the findings transparently. We are waiting for the findings of an inspection by the Social Policy Ministry and will then compare our findings,” Beros said.
The head of Zagreb’s Fran Mihaljevic Hospital for Infectious Diseases, Alemka Markotic, said that Croatia was entering the first stage of eased COVID-19 restrictions, noting that activities that would be allowed now should not be exercised to the maximum and that further self-discipline was necessary.