18 new infections, 3 coronavirus-related deaths in Croatia in last 24 hours, some measures extended
- by croatiaweek
- in News
ZAGREB, April 18 (Hina) – In the last 24 hours, of 694 people tested 18 have been positive for COVID-19, and there have been three more deaths in connection with this infection, Croatia’s crisis management team said on Saturday.
The total number of Croatians who have tested positive for this novel virus since the start of the epidemic is 1,832.
Since 25 February, when Croatia confirmed its first case, a total of 21,647 persons have been tested and 8.53% of them have been diagnosed with this infectious disease.
Health Minister Vili Beros said today that the latest three COVID-19-related death cases had been elderly patients with underlying health conditions.
Currently, 27 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 are on ventilators.
Also, a total of 361 patients are being treated in hospitals, 11 fewer than on Friday.
Since the outbreak of this disease, 615 patients have recovered, including 241 people who have stayed at home during their infection.
Beros said that the latest results were good, however, he called for caution and wisdom.
We must not be deluded by the current good results and cease obeying restrictive measures, the minister said.
Croatia has been in lockdown since mid-March.
The civil protection authority made the decision to extend measures to curb social gatherings, shop operations and service, sport and recreational activities until May 4.
The decision on border crossings for the transit traffic of freight vehicles is being extended until May 18, but the organised convoy model is being abandoned. It was also reported that an extra cargo line between Ancona and Zadar will be introduced from April 26.