Croatia Week have teamed up with Fini Recepti to bring you your favourite Croatian recipes in English…
Croatian TV chef Almo Čatlak this year completed 10 years of his cooking show ‘TV-kuhanja’ (TV-cooking). Čatlak’s show, which shows viewers how to prepare a meal from start to finish in a 3-4 minute clip, was broadcast on Croatian TV for the past decade. In that period Čatlak has produced over 2,000 videos.
Grah s kobasicama (Beans with sausages)
Beans – 900 g
Sausages – 400 g
Bay leaf – 5
Flour – 60 g
Garlic – 4 cloves
Tomato puree – 1 tablespoon
1. Chop the sausages into small bite-size pieces and place in boiling water – turn temperature down and cook in water on a low heat.
2. In a pan with oil fry first the flour, add the crushed garlic cloves and stir. Then add the tomato puree and mix again. Add some water from which the sausages a cooking in and keep stirring removing lumps.
3. Pour the tomato, garlic, flour mixture into the pot with the sausages and water. Add the bay leaf and let cook for 20 minutes on medium heat.
4. Add the beans and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper and cook for another minute.
5. Chop some parsley and ready to serve. Dobar tek.
You can see the original recipe in Croatia here
- [VIDEO] Croatian Recipes: Medenjaci
- [VIDEO] New Year’s Recipe: Francuska Salata – Olivier Salad
- Croatian Recipes: Rožata
- [VIDEO] Croatian Recipes: Soparnik – Dalmatian Swiss Chard Pizza Pie
- [VIDEO] Croatian Recipes: Savijača od Višanja – Cherry Strudel
- [VIDEO] Croatian Recipes: Kiflice
- Croatian Recipes: Breskvice